At SunnyReports, we are like any other bootstrapped start-up : we are two founders with a lot of people giving us their best advice and some of their time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our wives, our friends and also all those people we barely know.
We soon found out (as you most surely already did) that one of the most difficult challenge of our start-up adventure is to promote our amazing product. We already have users, subscribers, but we need more, actually a lot more: we need to go growth hacking.
A growth hacker is a person whose true north is growth. Everything they do is scrutinized by its potential impact on scalable growth. Is positioning important? Only if a case can be made that it is important for driving sustainable growth.
Source: Sean Ellis’ blog
There is so much content (articles, posts, videos) for growth hacking and marketing that you could spend your whole days on it doing nothing else while you have a lot of other things to do. Efficiency is the way to success. Don’t forget: execution matters.
When you are looking for growth hacking content, you will stumble upon posts about how to win 100k subscribers, 100k customers, 1M$ per month. That’s great but when you have tens or hundreds of subscribers and maybe some clients you are light years away from those issues.
For the time being, you need to reach the early steps of the curve.
I would like to contribute to the community sharing with you my 5 best contents for growth hacking and marketing. I believe you will be as myself glad to discover, to read or watch them again and again as you go further up the curve.
My 5 best contents to get the first 100 clients
- http://blog.gleam.io/100-customers/: one of the most inspiring post I have read on how to get 100 clients. It is realistic figures which talk to any bootstrapper. Thanks guys!
- Jason Cohen – Designing the Ideal Bootstrapped Business: simply the best video I have ever watched on boostrapped business, by Jason Cohen, the WP Engine founder. Full of useful tips, on pricing and managing all the steps to success. Thanks Jason!
- http://growthhackers.com: a community for marketers to share and discuss useful growth resources and to exchange ethical growth tips
- http://www.softwarebyrob.com/: all the tips from Rob Walling, a serial successful bootstrapper
- https://zapier.com/blog/finding-early-customers-when-you-arent-internet-famous/: the blog of Wade Foster, Zapier founder. Clear and pratical advices.
And a bonus one:
- QuickSprout – Seven simple ways to convert visitors into customers: the blog of Wade Foster, founder of Zapier. Very interesting because it’s things you can start just after reading.
Wait ! I was about to publish this post when I stumble upon this amazing article from Robert Graham on cold calling:
- http://whitetailsoftware.com/2011/07/how-i-got-a-100-conversion-rate-cold-calling-prospects-for-customer-development/: a must read !
Thank you so much to all those talented and successful entrepreneurs for sharing their knowledge with us.
Of course, 5 is not enough, the choice was difficult. There are a lot more contents I would like to share with you. I will continue later. In the meantime you can post all the links you find inspiring by commenting this post.
And don’t forget: execution matters.